• Russia 2018 has drawn to a close, an epic four weeks of intense high level football from top athletes is finally over.
Le Bleu were crowned World Champions following a dominant performance over Croatia in Moscow on Sunday. France beat Croatia 4 – 2 as they claimed their second World Cup title since 1998.
• Kaizer Chiefs beat Free State Star 6-5 on penalties in the Maze Cup Final.
• Proteas suffered a heavy defeat in the first test in Galle against Sri Lanka. South Africa were bowled out for a mere 73 runs in their second innings handing Sri Lanka a 278 run win.
• England beat India by 86 in the second One Day International
• South Africa’s Brad Binder won his first MotoTwo in Germany at the Sachsenring circuit on Sunday.
• Novak Djokovic claimed his fourth Wimbledon title after dismissing South African born Kevin Anderson in straight sets 6-2 6-2 7-6.
• Lions won the South African Conference after thrashing the Blue Bulls 38 – 12 at Emirates Airline Park.
• Other results: Waratahs 31 – 40 Brumbies, Sharks 20 – 10 Jaguares, Highlanders 43 – 37 Rebels, Crusaders 54 – 17 Blues
• South African Brandon Stone won the Scottish Open by four strokes on Sunday