Every Monday we bring you sports highlights from around the world.
South Africans have plenty to smile about after a round of fantastic sports results this past weekend.
• The Springboks came back from 24 – 3 down against England to win 42 – 39 at Ellis Park on Saturday.
• Blitzbokke retained their World Sevens Series title after winning the Paris leg of the competion against England 24 – 14 on Sunday.
• New Zealand 52 – 11 France, Australia 18 – 9 Ireland
• Bafana Bafana won the Plate Final 3 – 0 in the Cosafa Cup against Botswana on Friday.
• Banyana Banyana thrashed Lesotho 6 – 0 to qualify for African Nations Cup.
• Proteas Women beat England by 7 wickets.
• Scotland beat England by 6 runs, to claim their first ever victory against the Three Lions.
• Caster Semenya continues her dominance in the 800m, she came first on Thursday in the IAAF Diamond League meeting.
• Comrades: Bongumusa Mthembu won the men’s race in a time of 05:35.14
• Comrades: Ann Ashworth won the women’s race.
• Simone Halep won the Women’s French Open with a win over Sloane Stephens 3-6 6-4 6-1
• Rafael Nadal won his 11th French Open title when he beat Dominic Thiem 6-4 6-3 6-2
• Sebastian Vettel finished on a high on Sunday when he won the Canadian Grand Prix, claiming his 50th GP victory in his formula one career.