School Featuring in the Stor-Age Old Boys Tens:
The King William’s Town Public School was founded in 1861. Its name was changed to Dale College in 1877, taking its name from Sir Langham Dale, Superintendent-General of the Cape who died in 1898. LZ Lazarus was the most famous of Dale coaches running the rugby team from 1929 to 1954.
School Motto: “Per ardua ad astra” – Through struggle to the stars
Numbers: 600 boys
2017 Old Boys Skipper: Emmanuel Mphande
Old Boys Tens Championships: 1
Recent Boks: Bandise Maku, Bjorn Basson, Keegan Daniel, Gcobani Bobo