MADRID – U.S. tennis player Serena Williams kept her lead in the Women’s Tennis Association, or WTA, rankings released on Monday, with 8.300 points.
Germany’s Angelique Kerber remained in second place on the list with 6.500, followed by Spanish Garbiñe Muguruza.
The top 5 spots saw no change from last week, while U.S. Venus Williams advanced to sixth place and Belarusian Victoria Azarenka went down to seventh.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 8.300 points
2. Angelique Kerber (GERMANY) 6.500
3. Garbiñe Muguruza (SPAIN) 5.482
4. Agnieszka Radwanska (POLAND) 5.335
5. Simona Halep (ROMANIA) 5.071
6. Venus Williams (USA) 3.960
7. Victoria Azarenka (BELARUSIA) 3.761
8. Roberta Vinci (ITALY) 3.525
9. Carla Suárez Navarro (SPAIN) 3.010
10. Dominika Cibulkova (SLOVAKIA) 2.956.