JOHANNESBURG – Former South African Football Association (Safa) CEO Leslie Sedibe has denied being involved in match fixing, saying he approached the national police commissioner to investigate the claims.
Fifa has banned him for five years for his alleged unethical behaviour relating to three international friendlies in the run-up to the 2010 World Cup.
It fined him R311,000.
#SAFA #Sedibe: I was not invited to any meetings or to comment in relation to issues raised in the report that has been released . ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe: I have not even received a copy of the report even though my name is mentioned in it . ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe:I have continuously called for an independent inquiry that would be impartial & be given opportunity to respond to allegations
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : Last November I wrote a letter to the Public Protector to investigate allegations of match fixing. That request was rejected
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

He says there is no truth to the allegations that a meeting was held involving him and another official to fix matches.
He says he wasn’t in the meeting called into question.
“One of the allegations is that an impression that has been created and you’ve all been told lies that I met Wilson Perumal at Safa house. Here is a letter, dated 29 April 2010, addressed to Kirsten Nematandani who was the president of Safa at the time.” 
#Sedibe: This begs the question about why #SAFA has not declared that police had already investigated the matter and found no evidence ? ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe: On the 3rd of November 2014 I was notified that I would be subject to preliminary investigations
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : I then requested access to documents in order to respond- which never happened. I have also never been interviewed by #FIFA
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : I then requested access to documents in order to respond- which never happened. I have also never been interviewed by #FIFA
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#Sedibe : Therefore the #FIFA investigation remains incomplete. #SAFA is withholding information that is critical for me to respond

Leslie Sedibe speaks out after Fifa slaps him with a ban

about 2 hours ago / Ziyanda Ngcobo
JOHANNESBURG – Former South African Football Association (Safa) CEO Leslie Sedibe has denied being involved in match fixing, saying he approached the national police commissioner to investigate the claims.
Fifa has banned him for five years for his alleged unethical behaviour relating to three international friendlies in the run-up to the 2010 World Cup.
It fined him R311,000.
#SAFA #Sedibe: I was not invited to any meetings or to comment in relation to issues raised in the report that has been released . ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe: I have not even received a copy of the report even though my name is mentioned in it . ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe:I have continuously called for an independent inquiry that would be impartial & be given opportunity to respond to allegations
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : Last November I wrote a letter to the Public Protector to investigate allegations of match fixing. That request was rejected
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

He says there is no truth to the allegations that a meeting was held involving him and another official to fix matches.
He says he wasn’t in the meeting called into question.
“One of the allegations is that an impression that has been created and you’ve all been told lies that I met Wilson Perumal at Safa house. Here is a letter, dated 29 April 2010, addressed to Kirsten Nematandani who was the president of Safa at the time.” 
#Sedibe: This begs the question about why #SAFA has not declared that police had already investigated the matter and found no evidence ? ZN
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe: On the 3rd of November 2014 I was notified that I would be subject to preliminary investigations
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : I then requested access to documents in order to respond- which never happened. I have also never been interviewed by #FIFA
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#SAFA #Sedibe : I then requested access to documents in order to respond- which never happened. I have also never been interviewed by #FIFA
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#Sedibe : Therefore the #FIFA investigation remains incomplete. #SAFA is withholding information that is critical for me to respond
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016
Sedibe says the Fifa investigation into alleged match fixing remains incomplete and he has never been called into meetings regarding those allegations of match fixing.
Two other former Safa officials, Steve Goddard and Adeel Carelse, each received a two-year ban.
The now Proudly SA CEO says he has on numerous occasions called for an independent inquiry into allegations of match fixing.
“Why did Safa not publicly disclose the fact that the police had indeed investigated this matter? Secondly, that the National Prosecuting Authority had taken a decision not to prosecute.”
Sedibe says he has never been given the opportunity by Fifa to respond to the allegations lodged against him.
He says the Safa has sat on crucial information needed for him to respond.
“My repeated requests for access to certain information has been ignored by Safa.”
The former Safa CEO has read out a letter from Safa where he claims the organisation tried to silence him by requesting him to delete confidential information related to the match fixing, even going on to say that he had to make a paid application to get his hands on it.

#Sedibe:When I became CEO at #SAFA it was bankrupt.There was no money for these friendlies – which by the way- were not even requested by me
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#Sedibe #FIFA has been plagued by scandals and I wasn’t surprised by all of this.The truth about the $10mill will come out. Watch this space
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#Sedibe: Despite having had an operation and not receiving information, #FIFA demanded that I appear for a hearing in Zurich at my own cost
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016

#Sedibe: Despite having had an operation and not receiving information, #FIFA demanded that I appear for a hearing in Zurich at my own cost
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) March 14, 2016
(Edited by Winnie Theletsane)